Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sun April 17th 4PM

I'm finally here in Ed's room after 6 hours in the car.

He's immobile, can't roll over, sit up, without experiencing extreme pain. He's still suffering from the vertebrae pain that started this entire affair.
No dialysis today, giving the body a chance to perform its own bodily functions and test the status of his kidneys. The Dr. is planning a few hours of dialysis for tomorrow so this process slowly plods along.

The nurse just came in the room and  gave me some stats.
His Creatinine is 7.53, BUN is 36, was 33 yesterday.
I don't know the normal ranges, I'll look it up later when we're at E&J's house
Their power was just restored, home is still in place.

I took a photo, but we'll wait for him to recover and put photos on his own personal blog(down at present).

2 comments:

  1. If you are to believe Wikipedia, normal creatinine is 0.5-1.0 mg/dL. Elevated BUN (blood urea nitrogen) would be >60 mg/dL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to Ed briefly. He's scheduled for 3 hour dialysis tomorrow. He felt too confused to talk for long.

    ReplyDelete