Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tues April 19 Noon

Stopped in to visit this am, Ed was tired so I let him sleep.
The nurse gave me stats from this am blood work; Creatinine: 36, BUN: 7.24

Improvement is slow going, I see no change on a day to day basis. Ed is clearly experiencing his mortality and the best metric is contrition. On/off the wall comments.

Dialysis is scheduled again for tomorrow, which he finds very painful.
He is generally in quite a lot of pain because of his collapsed vertebrae, but he cannot be given any pain meds other than motrin because of his kidneys.

We're moving him around, on one side, then the other, occasionally on his back trying to watch tv, but there's 99 channels of shit on the wall, nothing intelligent, nothing worth watching; he can't even find any sports worth watching.

Please leave a comment, I read the blog to Ed while I'm here visiting,
At least while I'm in Raleigh I can let him know who's checking in,

Blogger stats shows 650+ page views in the past couple weeks.
Thank you all

4 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Ed! We're thinking about you here in Chicago. Get well soon!

    Mike, Kim, Savannah, and Rylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed, We think of you often & wish you a crashingly speedy recovery. I update Mom daily from Brian's posts & know that she is keeping in good touch with Jeanne. Love from us all, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peeps from A2 are sending you love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me posting as Stuart at 8:12pm(as if you couldn't tell). Wow, I can't believe I forgot all those renal function numbers so quickly. I am hoping for a miraculous recovery for Crash on Easter, just like Stuart's! I was never so excited about pee before in my life (and so I will be again when Ed's kidneys kick back in)! Harold, Dorothy, Jim and Heiju all send their love...xoxoKaren & Ryan

    ReplyDelete