Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cary Nephrology Associates vist 2nd week

Tuesday with Jason Eckel, the fourth doc in the group whom I had not met prior. Again for those of you who follow the numbers:

Creatinine 2.34 very good news indeed, down 50% from a week ago
BUN 51
Eosinophiles 12%, thinks this is still too high (your light reading, heh, heh, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eosinophil_granulocyte).

Potassium still a tiny bit high, suggested I salt my food a bit.

Discussed my itch episodes, thinks maybe some residual vanco running around. Prescribed a tapering prednisone dose over six weeks. I had itch episode in T.J.'s parking lot Tuesday after I saw Eckel. Fortunately, we'd just bought more Eucherin anti-itch cream in pharmacy. When I emerged from car and sunlight struck me, my back became afire with itch. I ripped off my shirt and had GJ appling creme to my itching back. I'm so skinny, my pants slipped off my hips so there I was in parking lot in skivvies with pants around my ankles screaming for more cream.

See him again in four weeks. No blood lab for four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment