Sunday, April 24, 2011

12PM Easter Sunday 4/24/11

I arrived at the hospital around 10AM and Ed was visiting with Rand Neyland. Anne, a hospital volunteer, dropped by to visit (along with her dog, Bitsy). Anne told some jokes and so did Ed. Ed is lucid and is having a good day. Rand and I went with Ed for a walk around the unit (1 loop). Ed returned to the room and sat for a while. Rich Giroux stopped by at about 11:30. Ed started to get testy and independent, wanting things just his way (sign of recovery?). He insisted on putting on a pair of shorts for his next loop, after which he declared he was tired (still waiting to see if he will feel strong enough for a second loop).

I took a video of the visit with Anne and the start of the walk. Will try to post later.

3 comments:

  1. Ed did rally enough to go for a second walk loop, during which I took a video. I have since discovered that I didn't bring the cable I need to upload video from the phone. I'll get one tomorrow or post when I return home.

    -Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed is still in WakeMed Cary, but not in ICU.
    He's been in for apx 16-17 days.

    "testy and independent, wanting things just his way"
    Yes, that must be a sign of recovery.

    ReplyDelete